Have you ever caught up in a weed party without a grinder to grind your stash? Surely, it’s quite a frustrating situation, most especially if you want to unwind because of a stressful day. So it’s crucial to learn how to grind weed without a grinder. In this post, you’ll learn about alternative ways to grind stash using other tools.
Ways on How to Grind Weed Without a Grinder
Use a Coffee Grinder
Like what you do with coffee beans, you can also use a coffee grinder for your buds. Of course, you have to make sure that your buds won’t smell like coffee, so you have to clean the coffee grinder first. Also, you have to clean it after using so you’ll have fresh coffee the following day.
Here are some important things to remember when using a coffee grinder as a weed grinder:
- Pack the buds loosely for proper grinding. Don’t overwhelm the grinder.
- Never use too small or too big buds.
- Adjust the time and settings of the grinder to make sure that your stash doesn’t end up fine powder.
Use a Pestle and Mortar
Without a coffee grinder, using a pestle and mortar is another alternative to grind your weed down. Make sure to clean the pestle and mortar before and after use.
Here are some important things to remember when using a pestle and mortar to grind weed:
- Allow your buds to dry out for an hour or two outside the container, so it’s easier for them to break down.
- Clean the pestle and mortar to avoid the scent of regular herbs in your next meal.
- Using a smooth and rounded mortar and pestle may take some time for your weed to get ground.
- Never grind the nugs down too hard.
Use Knife and Chopping Board
Using a knife and chopping board is an equally effective option to grind your favorite cannabis buds like the veggies that you eat. Throw the stash on the cutting board, dicing it until it’s grounded, but not powdery. You can use any knife, preferably one with a non-serrated blade or a chef’s knife.
Here are some important things to remember when using a knife and chopping board to grind your weed:
- Let the buds dry out first for an easier chopping task later on.
- Watch your fingers because the nugs are quite small. Consider how light and uncompressed buds can be because they’ll pass through the knife easily.
- Chop the nugs in moderation.
- Clean your board and knife after using it.
Use a Cheese Grater
A cheese grater is a cool way to grind your nugs. While it may take some time to grind everything, it’s a convenient way to use it.
Here are some important things to remember when using a cheese grater to grind your weed:
- Watch your fingers because you might end up grating your skin because of the sharp points.
- Use a cheese grater with smaller openings for ideal consistency.
- Get buds out of the crevices by poking around, digging through them, and getting all of the buds.
- Wash the cheese grater thoroughly to get rid of the skunk scent and residue.
Use a DIY Shaker
If you’re on the go, use a small, rigid plastic container such as a pill bottle or a dispensary container. Throw several coins into the bottle or container with the buds. The amount should just be right without too many buds inside. Close the container and shake away, checking the progress every 20 to 30 seconds to ensure you get the right consistency.
Here are some important things to remember when using a DIY shaker:
- The best coins you can use if you’re in the United States are nickels and quarters. If you’re in Europe, one or two Euro coins are recommended. One of the two-pound coins can be used by people residing in the United Kingdom.
- Avoid over-shaking because it will leave your cannabis buds unsmokable.
- Make sure to clean the bottle or container afterward if you’re using a container or pill.
Use Your Hands
You can use your hands to grind your nugs using your fingernails and fingers.
Here are some important things to remember when using your hands:
- Wash your hands before doing this procedure.
- Weed can be sticky, so take it slow and steady. A heavy-handed maneuver could compress the nugs, which makes smoking more difficult.
- Be careful with dry weed. Use a flat, crevice-free, and even surface to pick the weed a lot easier.
Use Shot Glass and Scissors
You can use a pair of scissors that lie around and a shot glass to grind buds. You can throw the buds in the shot glass and cut them together using scissors. Cut them in half and use the scissors’ tips to make them smaller.
Here are some important things to remember when using shot glass and scissors:
- Wash the shot glass and scissors before using them.
- Avoid spilling the glass. Use a clean, flat, and smooth surface to avoid spills.
- Keep the leftover ground stash using the same shot glass.
Use a Blender
You can grind buds with a blender. Clean the blender first and throw the buds inside. Close the lid then hit the blender button (pulse settings). Be careful and make sure to use the appropriate pulse setting for full control.
Here are some important things to remember when using a blender:
- Clean the seeds and stems before you blend to avoid blender’s blade issues.
- Because the blender is a bit powerful, limit blending up to 10 seconds.
Whether you’re on the go, at home, or in a party, there’s always an alternative to weed grinder. Learning how to grind weed without a grinder will make your cannabis experience more flexible and exciting. You can try the different tips shared above, like using scissors, pestle and mortar, coffee grinder, and a cheese grater, knife and chopping board, and make your life a lot easier even without a grinder available.