After alcohol, this so-called marijuana is the most commonly used drug in the United States. This marijuana refers to the dried flowers, seeds, leaves, and stems from the Cannabis indica plant or the Cannabis sativa. It contains a mind-altering chemical THC and other THC compounds that can be infused in food and drinks. And learning how to make edibles will bring more fun and excitement to your cannabis journey.
It can also be used to brew tea or coffee, often for medical purposes. It is also often used or mixed with foods or edibles such as candies, brownies, or cookies. If you’re wondering how to weed edibles are being made, we’ve got some tips and recipes for you.
Tips on How to Make Edibles
Let’s start with some tips.
1. Pick Your Preferred Cannabis Strain
Picking the right strain is like picking the right outfit for a social situation you are planning. It’s just answering a simple question, “A decent one or the one that is revealing?” picking the right strain depends on the mood and situation you are in. It also depends on what outcome you would want.
There are four steps on how you do this process. If you want to get high, you need to cook it, and you must do it right to avoid wastage.
- First, you have to preheat your oven to 240˚F, use an oven thermometer to measure the true temperature of the oven.
- Break down marijuana leaves and spread in a cookie sheet for toasting, make sure not to overload the marijuana for better results.
- Place the sheet in the oven and toast for 30-40 minutes, monitor it now and then, you are looking for a golden brown color of toasted marijuana.
- After toasting, cool the marijuana and pulse it using a food processor, so it is ground coarsely.
Make something perfect for baking by infusing your active marijuana, you can now produce the so-called “cannabutter.” In a saucepan, bring to boil a quarter cup of water. Add your sticks of butter, then mix, make sure that the butter is melted completely. Then, add the marijuana and let it simmer for 3 hours or until the mixture thickens at the top.
And now, you are nearly finished, after the simmering process uses cheesecloth to strain the butter and to squeeze out the liquid butter. Then, allow the liquid butter to cool for an hour, place in the freezer until it has a spreading consistency.
How Much Weed to Use When Making Edibles?
For safety, the average version is about 10 percent of THC. Thus all marijuana has different potency. You should bear in mind that a gram of cannabis contains at least a hundred milligrams of THC for baking and cooking at home.
If you unintentionally eat way too much of your cooked or baked weed edibles, that often happens to many, there is no need to panic. However, before taking your weed edible, there are things or other food that you might have in hand to help you get down a bit. Other people try to take pine nuts or pistachios, which contain pinene that is helpful in mental clarity. Others also consume citrus fruits such as grapefruits, lemons, and oranges.
Some of us prefer snacks that are salty over the savory ones. Popcorn is one of the go-to choices for the past years, and it is very simple to make, especially when you have your cannabutter.
To people out there who like to indulge in weed edibles, and especially for those people who are late-night partakers. Here are some recipes for you.
It can be a replacement for your regular old butter. Here is how you can make some:
- Bring to boil a quarter cup of water
- Add you ground weed and simmer for at least 2-3 hours or until it reaches a thick consistency
- Strain the liquid butter and use a cheesecloth to squeeze the remaining liquid butter
- Pour it in a container and refrigerate it. Your cannabutter is ready for spreading, cooking, and baking.
Preheat your oven to 275˚F, one side of the bacon sprinkle grounded, decarboxylated flower, and bake for about 10 minutes. And then flip after and sprinkle with decarboxylated flower and bake for 10 minutes. Indulge.
It can also be like a cannabutter. Here is how you can make a cannaoil:
- Mix 2 cups of oil and an ounce of decarboxylated bud
- Let it simmer for at least six hours.
- Strain the mixture, now you have a dressing for your salad
To make these cannabis-infused brownies, simply get your favorite brownies recipe, substitute the oil with cannaoil and start mixing it, then spread the mixture in a cookie sheet and bake at 330 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Enjoy your newly baked weed edible.
Marijuana Ice Cream
After a tiring and hot day, you also need a cold and refreshing treat. Here’s a simple recipe for a weed ice cream:
- * in a saucepan, melt 16 ounces of heavy cream above medium heat
- * melt your very own cannabutter and add some sugar
- * mix and add chocolate chips, nuts, fruits or whatever you want
- * leave it in the freezer for about 24 hours and there you have it your very own refreshing treat
They say the best way to start your day is with a cup of coffee, let’s make your cup of coffee more interesting. Brew or just order your favorite tea or coffee and add a teaspoon of your cannabutter. Enjoy a sip of your interesting coffee.
In a saucepan, heat your milk over medium heat, add your ground weed, and heat for about 45 minutes. Remove it from heat and then let it cool for about 10 minutes and strain. Enjoy your weed milk, which is a perfect relaxing drink after a hectic day.
Now, you are more knowledgeable about making cannabis-infused edibles. With the right strain, tools, and equipment, you can make your very own master recipe and enjoy it with your pot buddies or your “me” time after a stressful day. By learning how to make edibles, you can take your cannabis experience to the next level.