Over the years, the use of THC oil has soared higher like never before. It has a well-documented history for treating various ailments that’s why it has been legalized in most states in America. The use of THC oil proved to be beneficial especially for people managing their conditions. That is why there is a need for cannabis users to have an idea of how to make THC Oil.
THC Oil is one of the critical components of edible oils to stay healthy. The combination of oil makes it last longer and is highly efficient when treating conditions. In this article, we’ll discuss the importance of THC Oil and How to make THC Oil.
What is THC Oil?
Over time, THC Oil has saved thousands of lives by providing different kinds of therapeutic healing. Although it may have a slight concentration, it does have a positive impact on your body. We live in a time wherein cannabis use has gone rampant due to its overwhelming impact it can do to save lives or manage different kinds of conditions
THC Oil is one of the most useful products derived from marijuana or cannabis. They are used in so many recipes. It was later found out that THC or tetrahydrocannabinol is fat-soluble, meaning it can bind easily with food. Over the years, the use of THC Oil is becoming more popular by the day, they can also be bought in your local dispensaries. But, wouldn’t it be great if you were to make your very own THC Oil?
Is THC Oil the same with CBD Oil?
No. THC Oil or more commonly known as marijuana oil is different from CBD Oil. CBD oil is made and produced from industrial hemp whereas Marijuana oil is made from different kinds of strains of Marijuana that contain high concentrations of THC. Also, CBD oil lacks psychoactive components, unlike THC. Marijuana Oil has is made differently from CBD oil and is much easier to make compared to CBD oil.
How to Make THC Oil or Marijuana Oil?
In making cannabis oil, it is important to note which type of Marijuana you are going to use. It can be CBD-rich, THC-rich, or mix of the two. However, in this article, we’ll try to focus more on how to make THC Oil, meaning we are going to take THC-rich strains in the process.
Before you make your THC Marijuana oil, it is important to have the following.
Often people are having a dilemma on how to make THC Oil. However, there are usually two methods on how to make Marijuana oils. One is for medical marijuana THC oil and the other one is the Edible Marijuana THC Oil.
The Edible Marijuana Oil
This one is easy to prepare. The Edible Marijuana THC oil is usually based on brownies and edibles, it is to have a more prolonged effect and you will need your vaporized weed as the key ingredient in making this one. Before we start, you should prepare the following:
- An ounce or two of your chosen Vaporized weed.
- ½ cup of Oil. (Canola, Olive, Grapeseed, and other types of oil)
- Wooden Spoon
- Container or Jar
- Medium-sized saucepan
- Get your cheesecloth and form it like a tea-bag and slowly place your vaporized weed inside.
- Add some butter or any type of oil that you want in the saucepan, along with the improvised cheesecloth tea-bag which contains the vaporized weed.
- Heat the saucepan until bubbles are forming. Stir it up around 20mins to 40mins. Then lit it dry and sit for an hour or two.
- Once dried, gently squeeze the bag until no oils are coming out from the bug.
- Use it the way you want it.
Mason Jar Method
What You’ll Need
- THC-rich marijuana strain (Decarboxylated)
- Water (around 4 cups)
- 1 and ¼ cup of your desired oil.
- Saucepan (the bigger the pan, the better.)
- Oil of choice
- Put your decarboxylated THC-rich marijuana strain in your container/jar along with your preferred oil.
- Before heating the saucepan, be sure to place your cloth at the bottom of the saucepan to buffer the heat.
- Fill the saucepan with water and slowly place your filled jar above the cloth. Put as much water as possible but be sure that the jar won’t float.
- Heat in medium flame and simmer. Always monitor the water. Do not let the saucepan be emptied with water. Check every 30 minutes to avoid pressure buildup. When you check it, stir the contents gently too.
- This method roughly takes around 3 to 4 hours before it’s done. Be sure to have a timer when simmering your filled jar. Once it reaches around 4 hours, using a small screen or strainer, strain the marijuana in the filled jar and transfer it to another clean container or jar.
How to Properly Strain and Drain your THC Marijuana Oil
Whichever method you choose, it is essential to strain the Marijuana oil to have a better outcome. In doing so,
- Provide a cheesecloth-lined strainer over a large bowl and carefully strain the liquid through it.
- Before throwing the leftover plant materials away, run them once again with hot water to wash away any residual oils or leftover oils within the plant.
- Once done, allow it to cool and gently squeeze out any remaining liquids.
- When every ounce of it is squeezed, remove the plant materials.
The steps we’ve written below are one of the easiest ways on how to make THC Oil.
Thanks to the creativity of our avid cannabis smokers and makers, it paved the way for us people on how to make THC Oil in the comforts of our own home. They are proven versatile products that have numerous benefits when used for medical purposes.
You can now start making your very own THC Oil in your home with our simple methods and guidelines. These methods are also applicable if you want to make CBD Oil or THC-rich oils, the making all depends on you! Good luck on making one!